The cathedra is the Archbishop’s seat during liturgical celebrations. It is the symbol of his doctrinal authority. It is located on the left hand side of the sanctuary. The cathedra and the canopies over the cathedral’s five altars, as well as the wooden screen of the choir are the work in 1958 of cabinet maker A.D. Désilets Ltée. Source : contract between A.D. Désilets Limitée, Entrepreneur ébéniste and the Archiepiscopal Corporation C.R. de Sherbrooke, January 1958 (document FP1/3.2.1).