Pauline Chapel stained glass
« During his first contract, Leduc drew sketches of the three stained glass windows of the Pauline Chapel, in the basement of the present cathedral.»
« Architect Louis-Napoléon Audet is in charge of the construction of the cathedral and of the Bishop's Palace. The first request to Leduc is to decorate with stain glass the three windows of the deambulatory of the choir. »
« At the time of the first request to Leduc in March 1917, Audet had the impression that the project included only the middle window which was the only one seen from the nave. On 22 March, it became obvious that the project included all three windows with the following topics : The conversion of St. Paul, St. Paul in his discourse at the Areopagus of Athens, the Martyr of St. Paul. » Source : Taken from captions of the exhibition that took place at the Musée des Beaux-Arts of Sherbrooke.
These three stained glass windows were taken down when the windows of the choir of the Pauline Chapel were changed. Two of them will be installed in the new Mgr-Antoine-Racine Archives Centre.